Wednesday, September 7, 2011

[Free Post] Hi There.


So for my first “pick your own” post, I want to get a little into who I am. I know, I know, we ARE working on college essays which essentially do the same thing. However, those essays are almost just for the sole purpose of bragging to an anonymous reader about phenomenal things you’ve done in the past to get into a school full of smarties. I’m not trying to boast like that here.

Back to the topic at hand, my name is Anna, just in case you missed that key bit of information. I like to dance and have since I was around seven years old. Nobody said I was a professional-and I’m certainly not-but I do it because it makes me happy and who doesn’t want to be happy? It’s the only “sport”, you could say, that I’m not complete rubbish at. Nothing is thrown at me in dance, so that’s always a plus.

My favorite subject is math. Whether that’s because I’ve been blessed with classes full of great people, an awesome teacher or I just like the content, I’m not sure yet. Despite my age, I still have trouble grasping really far reached subjects that require a lot of abstract thinking. I’m a very concrete thinker. I find this is probably one of the reasons that math is my favorite subject: There is normally one solid answer.

I can be very, well, outspoken. If I have a strong viewpoint or opinion on something, it will probably be heard and I won’t back down until I convince somebody that I’m right. I like to say what I think and whether that gets me in trouble or not, it is inevitably a part of who I am. I can be loud. I can be quiet. But I’ll fight for what I think is right.

And last but not least, my favorite book (this IS an English class) is Water for Elephants. Who DOESN’T love a good circus love story?

2 comments:

  1. Still super diggin' it. I'm picking up what you're putting down! Haven't heard you pipe up a whole lot in class yet but I feel through your writing that I can get a much better sense of who you are and what you're about, very quickly. Which means: You can write, Anna! I'm smiling now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading people's descriptions about themselves. What i find strange is that I've know you for years and still enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete